Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chocolate Goodness

As a child, and quite frankly as an adult too, one of the greatest things about making a cake is the licking of the whisk, bowl, and/or spatula. Cake batter is, in my opinion, even better than the cake! I love how my wee ones wait anxiously around the counter as I beat all the ingredients together, knowing that very soon, the whisks would be given to them to clean off. Jack has now been introduced to this most wonderful ritual. These little things amazingly stand out as happy moments of contentment and joy in childhood. Here's to the beaters!!!!!





5 comments:

wind runner said...

You're back! Yeahh!! I noticed that Disneyland wasn't worth posting about?? :) See you in a couple of weeks- good luck running next weekend!

Ron Clark said...

What can be said about someone like Jack enjoying the gooey goodness of pre-cake batter?! It's a combination of two perfect things that lull the senses into a state of perfected happiness. I watch this little video over and over again and delight in it

Dedee said...

Not only do I love these pics of Jack, I love Poppa's response. I sense favoritism here.

And Lydee is darling in braids!

disneyking said...

ohhh how I love Jack jack. He makes me want Beckam to hurry up and get to that stage.
We love the Baird clan!!!

Jeuce said...

They all look adorable. During the past week Beckett has been asking me "Where is Spencer? Where is Lydia? Where is Jack Jack?" I am amazed how just a few days with them really stuck with him!