Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Feeling the Love on V-Day!

Happy Valentine’s Day one and all!

I absolutely love this holiday! I think it’s lovely that one day a year is dedicated completely to Love. On this day, we are a little more sweet and tender in our thoughts and actions. We reflect on what it means to love and to be loved. And we appreciate all of our cherished relationships, and the roles we are blessed to play. Today I’m sooooo grateful for the many ways that I get to love those around me, and also for the love I feel in return.

My love as a wife is the ULTIMATE. I have found my eternal companion in Paul. I love the way our love has evolved over the years, and I look forward to growing old with him. He’s the one I can’t wait to lay eyes on in the morning, and the best to kiss goodnight in the evening. He completes me in every way!

My love as a mother is fulfilling and so rewarding. I love my wee ones. I’m so involved mentally and emotionally in all they do. They are the true teachers of patience, innocence, forgiveness, and charity. It is a privilege to be their mom and to watch them grow and learn. It is an amazing love indeed!

My love as a daughter is sweet and meaningful. The love I feel for my parents continues to change and grow as I journey on the path of parenthood myself. I appreciate the sacrifices my parents made for me…sacrifices I didn’t understand or even realize were being made until I became a mommy. I appreciate the friendship that has grown over the years. My parents are such wise, fun, generous, people. How I love and admire them.

I love being a seestor to the most amazing siblings I could ever have asked for. Being a “Clark” is simply FUN. Our conversations are full of laughter, and we are deeply fierce in our relationships with each other. When one is hurting, the others hurt as well. And we couldn’t be more supportive. Ahhh Geeee!

My love as an in-law is diverse and wonderful. I love the whole extension in family thing!!! It’s so great that the family unit continues to grow and grow and grow. You get a chance to really become involved with people that are so different from you. And despite the differences, the family bond creates such strong feelings of affection and genuine concern. It’s so unique and fabulous!

My love as a friend is precious. I have been blessed with true, deep friendships throughout my life. I know many friends were sent my way in times of need, to fulfill things that only they could. I’ll always cherish my friendship with Laura Wood, even though she is no longer with me. I miss her. I thank Stacy Chan for being such a true and loyal friend, my best friend, as well as the biggest goofball I know. I’m grateful for my years of friendship with Amy Chariton. She made highschool and Ricks what they were! Thank you Jill Ottley for being such a great example of motherhood. You are such a sanity saver in more ways then you’ll know and I’m grateful for our frindship!

Thank you all for your influence in my life. It’s lovely to love you on this love-filled day!


6 comments:

Dedee said...

You are awesome. I'm glad you are part of the family.

disneyking said...

and I'm sooo glad that you are my Seestor. I sure love you Bange and am so proud to be able to call myself part of your family.

Love you forever!!!

~Nikki said...

Ahhh, geeee! You summed it up beautifully . . . oh l'amour! C'est manifique!! Love you, Bange!!!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Wow! Being ONE of your parents is truly an experience in living life to its fullest, laughing hard at all the right times, and sensing so deeply true love and respect from a most perfect and exceptional daughter! You are beyond words, and oh...those eyes...!

Stacy said...

Angie!
I am so glad you joined the blogging world, just about the same time as me too! Now hopefully we can keep in touch better, and isn't it time already that we got together again so I can meet your little one? Call me!

Anthony said...

I love looking at your Blog. Your writings are beautiful. Both in Love and Sickness... we relate. Keep up the bloggin' Love it!!